facebook like button

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What's It Worth to You???

Hello All Help Wanted Seekers!
The hiring process is kind of like a courtship...and...what happens in any courtship when you aren't honest??
Years ago, Yenta's friend's husband......called frantically (yes, it works like that in my world!)...I knew he had been out of work and FINALLY he was offered a role at a Major bank in NYC....one snag....during the process he decided that he was worth a lot more than his actual compensation...So....he inflated his current salary by a LOT...and...now the savvy Bank recruiter requested his W-2 to verify..(actually I think he/she was going to try to create a case for more $$..which is very SOP in the Corporate world)....his voice was a little shaky as he asked me what I thought..I knew he was dead in the water... and...I told him.....the next day they retracted the offer......Corporate recruiters are in the know...(ahem, EY included!)....they know their market place...
So, next time you feel an urge to "inflate" something.....buy a balloon!
Your Employment Yenta..(Just call me "T")

No comments:

Post a Comment