facebook like button

Friday, May 13, 2011

Never Burn A Bridge

Hello All  Help Wanted Seekers!

Never ever burn a bridge! In today's changing employment scene, make sure people "smile" when they remember you.
Yesterday's news can become tomorrow's future.
My first job years ago was for a Financial Institution. After four years, I left to join another firm. I knew immediately I had made a mistake but, it was too late.
Nineteen years and a few companies later...I was working on a recruiting project.
The light bulb went off as I connected my former company's geography to the assignment I was working on...
I called my first boss...and...she replied...."how about coming to see me...I can help".
Not only did she help me with finding some top quality people....she asked me if I wanted to "come back home"
So, nineteen years later...there was no place like home

2 comments:

  1. This is true in more than just employment. It works for life and families and friends. Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina,

    Good luck with the blog. Looks terrific. At times I can agree with you about burning bridges, but sometimes, with ex wives as an example, I'd not only burn that bridge, but use an explosive to blow it up as well....figuratively speaking of course. But when it comes to employment and other areas of life, leave all avenues open just in case you have to reverse course.

    Anyway, good luck with your blog!

    Bart

    ReplyDelete