facebook like button

Friday, November 02, 2012

The Empty Suit Syndrome

Hello All Help Wanted Seekers!
Even an experienced interviewer can make a hiring error. This blog post is dedicated to the brave men and women who "ask" the questions and evaluate the "answers".
I don't know about you but, this Yenta would prefer to hear, "an accomplishment..well yes, there are a few but, my greatest is when I helped a team member who was struggling to grasp a concept and I was able to simplify the process and put him/her on the right track"....Does that save money?? ..You bet it does...because the alternative of the person failing will cost more in the long run of repeating the hiring and training process...
Of course, we can't ask the question...."Explain a time for me when you didn't get what you want...what happened?"
I wonder what would happen if we had a "candidate cam"...and..we could observe people in their own environments....a little too much Big Brother??.....maybe...but, I bet our turnover would be minimal....
Sometimes, "the empty suit".....is just that...and...what you don't see is what you get!
Your Employment Yenta (Just call me "T")

No comments:

Post a Comment