facebook like button

Monday, May 30, 2011

Do Unto Others As You Would Have Others Do Unto You!

Hello All Help Wanted Seekers!

I guess you may be thinking...this is "just" another sermon..but, things aren't always the way they seem..at least at the time...so dear followers read along and your Employment Yenta..will tell you a little story.
On my way to work..it's a beautiful day...the sun shining through the sunroof...music playing....when all of a sudden "Jump"...no sillies...not Van Halen singing...I was jarred from my reverie by the guy who illegally passed me from the right...blasted his horn....and...what else?...a "Hand" signal....hmmmm.....
Ok, maybe I was going a little slow... I was "trying" to enjoy the ride and savor every moment.
By the time I got to my desk the incident (as I call it) was a memory...UNTIL...
I went to reception area to collect my 9:00 ....Ding ding ding...ladies and gentlemen..we have a winner..
Yes, it was Mario Andretti.....he looked at me and said..."this isn't going to be good is it?"..
Now this Employment Yenta is a very fair and square kind of girl...and...she always gives the person the benefit of the doubt..but, in this case..there was no doubt at all....if he treated me...(a perfect stranger) that way...then how would he treat his co-workers....
Well...it wasn't good but, perhaps it wasn't bad...because I think Mr. Andretti learned a life's lesson...
So, always treat people the way you would like to be treated..because you never know when you will meet an Employment Yenta!! (Just call me "T")

No comments:

Post a Comment