facebook like button

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jughead....

Hello All Help Wanted Seekers!
On my last trip to the supermarket I was perusing at the checkout line...candy, hyped up headlines and Archie, Oh My!....
Can it be...are there still people reading Archie, Veronica, Betty....and...of course Jughead!
I eyed the glossy cover and reminded myself of the Saturdays when the new editions hit the magazines in shops we called "candy stores"...what a great day when my mom would say..."go ahead get it"....I would race home read the perils at Riverside High School and promptly run next door to my best friend...and...exchange for a copy of another adventure of the three..
So, who is keeping this genre alive? My goodness... by now...Veronica must be a grandma.....Betty must have had some plastic fix up...Archie must be retired....and...what about Jughead?....is he the CEO of Comedy Central??
The moral of the story..
Learn from your past....add to your present....it's all in the future....
And, whatever you do...don't make the same mistake twice!
I just may pick up a copy of Archie, etc on my next grocery stop....it's like comfort food for the soul!
Your Employment Yenta...(Just call me "T")






No comments:

Post a Comment